Name Change in Vermont
Vermont Name Change Package - $29.95
Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Vermont. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.
Name Change Package
Includes Forms for:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Title
- Voter Registration
- US Passport
- Bank Notification
- Credit Card Notification
- Insurance Notification
If you change your name due to marriage, divorce, adoption, or even artistic mood you need to inform the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 30 days.
To change your name on your standard driver's license, visit your local DMV office in person with:
- A completed Duplicate/Corrected Registration/License or Learner Permit form (Form TA-VL-15).
- An original or certified copy of proof of your name change, such as:
- Marriage certificate or license.
- Court order.
- Civil union certificate.
- Payment for the $15 fee. A corrected learner's permit will cost you $17.
Enhanced Driver's License or ID Card
If you have an enhanced driver's license (EDL) or ID card, you must visit an EDL issuing office in person. You will need:
- A completed Enhanced License/ID Application (Form TA-VL-11).
- Proof of your Social Security number.
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship.
- Proof of your identity.
- Proof of your Vermont residency.
- Payment for the $40 fee.
See the application form for a complete list of accepted documents.
Commercial Driver's License
To change your name on your commercial driver's license (CDL), visit a Vermont DMV office with a completed Application for Commercial License/Permit (Form TA-VL-31). The application form lists any other documentation you may be required to present.
If there are two names on the title you and your former spouse―or whomever shared ownership with you―will both need to sign off on the vehicle's title. You will then need to sign back on as the buyer.
If only your name is on the title you will need to sign off as the seller and sign on as the buyer.
Take the signed title to a DMV office that handles titling, along with documented proof of your name change. Cost: $33.