Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Vermont

    Vermont law requires that you notify the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 30 days of changing your mailing and/or physical address. The state aids in the process by giving you two easy options by which to submit a change.

    How to Submit the Change Online

    You can only change your address online if you have a standard driver's license. If you have a commercial driver's license (CDL) or enhanced driver's license (EDL), you must apply in person at a VT DMV office.

    To change your address online, just log on to the DMV Express service. It will then ask for your identification number, which is well marked on your license. After punching this in, you will find a link that will easily guide you through the change-of-address process. And don't worry, you won't be slapped by an unexpected processing fee for filing electronically.

    Note: Submitting your address change online will only update the information in the Department of Motor Vehicles' computer system―your driver's license itself will not be updated. If you want the change to appear on your license, you will have to also file for a duplicate license and pay the duplicate fee.

    How to Submit the Change in Person

    You can also change your address using one of the self-serve kiosks located at select Vermont DMV offices. Kiosks are located at:

    • Bennington.
    • S. Burlington.
    • Montpelier.
    • Newport.
    • Rutland.
    • Springfield.

    How to Submit the Change By Mail

    If you feel uneasy about filing electronically, you can submit your change of address by mail. Send a completed Duplicate/Corrected Registration/License or Learner Permit (Form TA-VL-15) to:

    Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
    120 State St.
    Montpelier, VT 05603

    If you want a new driver's license showing your new address, you will have to apply for a duplicate license.

    Commercial and Enhanced Driver's Licenses

    If you need to change your address on your CDL or EDL, you will need to visit a Vermont DMV office in person with a completed:

    Please phone the DMV office prior to your visit to make sure they can process your change and confirm if there are any other supporting documents you need to bring.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.