- Location: Vermont
Dealer Forms in VermontCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Vermont's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is exceptionally forthcoming about making most vehicle-related forms available on the Internet for downloading. The lone exception, unfortunately, is dealer license applications. To obtain one, you must call the DMV at (802) 828-2038.
While you can't download a dealer license application, these forms are available online:
- Dealer Appraisal Form: Must be entirely completed by all dealers and submitted to the DMV at the below address immediately following a sale. This information helps the DMV determine a fair tax on the vehicle.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement: Required by the DMV for older used cars.
- Bill of sale: Required by the DMV for all transactions.
- Verification of Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): Mainly applies to older used or salvaged vehicles whose VIN is in doubt. If needed for a transaction, it must signed by a law enforcement authority.
These forms may be mailed or dropped off in person at the following address:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- 120 State St.
- Montpelier, VT 05603-0001