DMV Appointments in Vermont
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) currently offers an appointment system for scheduling all tests (written, vision or skills) by phone or e-mail. It is required that you have an appointment for the commercial driver's license (CDL) test. All others may be done on a walk-in basis, although it is not recommended, as scheduled appointments have priority. Check your local DMV office for days and hours of operation.
Schedule your appointment by phone or e-mail. Do not do both. If you need to reschedule or cancel a test, call Central Scheduling at (802) 828-2085.
Schedule by Phone
Schedule your test appointment by phone or by calling Central Scheduling at (802) 828-2085.
Schedule by E-mail
Appointments may be scheduled by e-mail by sending the following information to CommissionersOffice@state.vt.us:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- VT DMV personal identification number, if available
- Type of test (written test, eye test or road test)
- Location of test
- Desired date and time
You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the date, time and location of your test.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the VT DMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
Suggested Times to Visit the VT DMV Offices
If you must pay a visit to a DMV office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday