You will need to furnish a marriage certificate to change your name on your driver's license, state photo ID card, and, if it pertains, on your vehicle’s title.
If you have lost your original marriage record, you can order a copy through the county, state or country where you were married or through a third-party company that expedites the process.
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Let us help you find it!
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.