A death certificate is important to possess if, of course, it’s not your own.
A death certificate is essential for transferring a vehicle’s title following an owner’s death. Every state’s DMV office requires this certificate in order to legally transfer vehicle ownership when death is involved.
If you need a death record to complete that type of transaction, you can order a copy through the state, county or country where the death occurred, or in many cases through a third-party company that expedites the process.
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Let us help you find it!
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.