- Location: Virginia
Replacing a Lost Registration in VirginiaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Act fast if you lose your registration or your tabs (license plate decals). This is not the time to procrastinate. Especially if you are a police magnet. If stopped without either, expect a fine, regardless of how sound your excuse.
The cost for your replacement registration is $2.
You can also request a replacement registration online through the DMV's online services website. You will need:
- Your vehicle title number.
- The last 4 digits of your vehicle identification number (VIN).
It will take up to 15 days to receive your new registration in the mail, so remember to print out your receipt to show, in case you're pulled over. If you choose the online option, your replacement is free.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.