- Location: Virginia
Replacing a Lost Title in VirginiaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Virginia's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can replace just about every vehicle-related document, including misplaced titles.
The DMV provides three convenient options: phone, online, or in person.
When applying by phone, you must pay the $5 replacement title fee with a credit card.
There's a $5 replacement fee, payable by credit card.
Visit any customer service center. Bring your registration certificate and either your license or photo ID. Complete an Application for Supplemental and Transfer Liens or Replacement and Substitute Titles. Cost: $5
Other Topics in This Section
- If your title has a lien, the replacement title will be sent to the lienholder. Otherwise, it will be given to you.
- A replacement title invalidates the original title.
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks