Replacing a Lost CDL in Virginia
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
When you apply, you can also change your address or organ donor status, or notify the DMV if you have changed your name. You can also register to vote on the application form (you'll pick this form up when you arrive at the DMV).
To replace your lost CDL, you will have to present two DMV-acceptable forms of ID. (If you are under age 19, you only need one.) If you have already proven legal presence and it is still valid, you do not have to provide proof again.
Next, you will pay a $20 replacement fee, and if you choose, you may have a new photo taken. Your new driver's license will be ready while you wait.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.