Online Services in Virginia
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Commercial Driver Services
- Virginia Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Virginia Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Virginia residents have numerous options when it comes to online driver and vehicle services. With the option to skip a trip to the DMV, who wouldn't get all giddy in this state for lovers?
Typically, driver services are handled through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby VA DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the delivery status of your VA drivers license online.
- Pay a license reinstatement fee online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your VA drivers license or ID online.
- Replace your VA drivers license or ID online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Apply for a VA veterans ID online.
- Request an administrative hearing online (violations and compliance).
- Update the address listed on your drivers license.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Calculate IFTA taxes online and print a report.
- Apply for a hauling permit online.
- Pay an overweight citation online.
- Sign up for online motor carrier services.
- File a complaint about a motor carrier service in VA.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a VA drivers license practice test.
- Take a VA drivers permit practice test.
- Take a VA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a VA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Virginia Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Virginia defensive driving if you received a traffic ticket.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby VA DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Vehicle Registration and Titling
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Virginia.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Print a copy of your electronic title online.
- Replace your vehicle registration documentation online.
- Replace your vehicle title.
- File an abandoned vehicle record request.
- Apply for a trip permit online (unregistered vehicles).
License Plates and Placards
- Renew a disabled parking permit online.
- Check the status of your license plate delivery.
- Reserve and purchase VA license plates.
- Order souvenir license plates.
- Verify your vehicle insurance online.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Virginia that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Other helpful links about your insurance needs: