- Location: Virginia
Forms in VirginiaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
In an effort to improve customer service, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles offers a wealth of forms on its website.
The forms are available in PDF format. They can be viewed and saved using Adobe's free, downloadable Reader software.
The forms are set up to be interactive, so you can open them, fill them out from your computer, then print them. It will save you time with transactions that you must conduct in person or through the mail rather than online.
Frequently used forms include applications for driver's licenses and instructions for registering vehicles―to useful forms for vehicle dealers, motor carriers, and commercial vehicle drivers.
The DMV also publishes educational and informative brochures on a variety of topics of interest to the public. Many common transactions are explained, such as what new residents need to do to register their vehicles, which transactions you can perform online, and how to apply for disabled parking plates. These forms and publications can be downloaded in PDF format.
Here is a sampling of the many brochures you will find on the DMV's website:
- Parents in the Driver's Seat, a guide to the rights and responsibilities of parents of teen drivers.
- Turning 80? Come See Us at DMV, a flyer explaining the requirement for older drivers to pass vision screenings.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Farm Vehicles
- Snap Dragon Coloring Book teaches children about safety when walking or riding in a motor vehicle.
- Information on Virginia's Children's Identity Card.