- Location: Virginia
Salesperson License in VirginiaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Before you can start wheeling and dealing, you must first obtain a vehicle salesperson license as dictated by the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board (MVBD).
How to Apply
First you must pass the salesperson test by getting at least 16 of the test's 20 questions correct. You can prepare by pouring over the MVBD's Salesperson Study Guide.
Take the test at any Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) service center. Cost per test: $25.
If you fail, there is no waiting period to retake the exam.
After Passing the Test
Once you pass, you'll be issued a "Temporary Certificate of Qualification," which, essentially, grants you permission to apply for a salesperson's license. You must directly apply through the dealership you will be working for. To expedite the process, mail the application and the $50 fee to:
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Board
- 2201 West Broad Street
- Suite 104
- Richmond, Virginia 23220
Once the application has been submitted, a criminal background will be conducted at a cost of $10. If your criminal record is deemed spotless, you should be issued a salesperson license within one week.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard