Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Dealer Forms in Virginia

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    There are a few places where you can obtain dealer forms for your motor vehicle dealership.

    You can visit the official Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website for a list of forms available online. The VA DMV makes it easy to download and use the forms it has on its website. With a current version of Adobe's free Reader software, you can type information directly onto the forms and then print them. Alternatively, you can print the forms and write the information in.

    You can also get forms from the official Motor Vehicle Dealer Board (MVDB) website. This site contains PDF and Word-formatted forms for many common dealer transactions.

    Another way to get forms is to use order form Dealer Request for DMV Forms (Form DSD 36). You can order bulk quantities of frequently used forms for your business by faxing the form or mailing it to the DMV's Stockroom Section at the address below.

    Purposes and instructions for each form are printed right on the forms themselves. If you need to mail in a form, you can send it to:

    • Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
    • P.O. Box 27412
    • Richmond, VA 23269

    You can also fax forms to (804) 367-1054.

    You can reach the MVDB at (804) 367-1100.

    Frequently Used Forms

    If you do your customers the courtesy of handling their title and registration paperwork when you sell them a car, you will need Application for Certificate of Title and Registration (Form VSA 17A).

    Permit to Use Dealer's License Plates (Form DSD 27) gives customers and other individuals permission to drive a vehicle using the dealer's license plate. This might be used for test driving vehicles or when a customer's vehicle is in the dealer's garage being repaired.

    Motor Vehicle Dealer Application to Issue a Subsequent Set of 30-day Temporary Plates (Form DSD 40) is used when dealers need authorization to issue a second or third set of temporary plates. Temporary plates might be needed when a customer purchases a vehicle, and the second or third set is required if the dealer cannot obtain the vehicle's title or certificate of origin before the first set of plates expires.

    Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form VSA 5) is used when dealers need to report a vehicle's mileage for purposes of registering and titling the vehicle.

    Organ Donation Survey

    Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?

    Yes No

    Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.

    Update Your Organ
    Donor Information ▸