Replacing a Lost Registration in Utah
If your Utah registration certificate has been lost or damaged, you can order a replacement by visiting your local DMV office with:
- Your license plate number OR vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Payment for the $4 replacement fee.
Lost, damaged, or stolen plates and decals may be replaced by heading to a DMV office, armed with your current registration card or vehicle identification number (VIN). You'll be issued the same kind of plate, along with the decals, for a fee of:
- $10 for standard license plates.
- $13 for personalized plates.
- $15 for special group license plates.
You may also opt to replace the plates and decals by mail. Just include a note making your request, a copy of your registration, payment for your replacement fee (see above), plus $3 for postage (except for personalized plates), to:
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- Mail and Correspondence
- P.O. Box 30412
- Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Payment should be made by check or money order only, payable to the Utah State Tax Commission.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog Check and Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸