Online Services in UtahPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Utah Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Utah Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Related Content
Taking care of driver- or vehicle-related business doesn't always mean a trip to a UT state office. Check out the long list of online options that Utah residents can complete from a home computer.
Typically, driver services are handled through the UT Driver License Division of the Utah Department of Public Safety. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby DPS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Schedule an appointment online with the Utah Driver License Division.
- Schedule an appointment online with the Driver License Division (refugees and asylees only).
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Print a drivers license or ID card application online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Update the state online with your change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a UT drivers license practice test.
- Take a UT drivers permit practice test.
- Take a UT commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a UT motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Utah Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Utah.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Utah.
- Renew your UT vehicle registration online.
- Look up emissions and registration renewal locations online.
- Sign up to receive annual registration renewal reminders from the state.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on UT smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Cancel a vehicle or boat registration online.
- Obtain Utah license plates.
- Search available Utah personalized plates online.
- Search for impounded vehicles online in Utah.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Utah that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section