Lemon Law Attorneys in Utah
Did your new vehicle turn out to be defective? If you have been unsuccessful in finding a solution with the dealer or manufacturer, you may want to consider hiring a UT lemon law attorney to help you obtain a replacement vehicle or compensation.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Keep reading this page for information about lemon law attorneys in Utah.
Before you decide on a specific lemon law attorney in Utah, do your research. You'll likely get better results by hiring an attorney with:
- Familiarity with lemon laws and consumer rights in Utah.
- A good reputation.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- A successful track record in lemon law cases.
To find the right lemon law attorney for your case, try to speak with as many lawyers as possible.
An attorney can offer their skills to help improve your chances of getting a favorable outcome in court. Your Utah lemon law attorney will also be able to:
- Handle correspondence with the car dealer or manufacturer.
- Explain vital details of the lemon law in Utah.
- Complete all mandatory court paperwork for your lemon law case.
NOTE: To qualify as a lemon, your vehicle's defect must not have resulted from neglect, abuse, or aftermarket modifications.
The Utah lemon law applies only to new vehicles and motorhomes (it does not include used vehicles). You may be entitled to a refund or a replacement vehicle if your vehicle meets all of the following criteria:
- The vehicle:
- Is new and under warranty.
- Was purchased in Utah.
- Weighs less than 12,000 lbs.
- The manufacturer has tried to repair the defect at least 4 times OR you have been unable to drive the vehicle for a total of 30 days during the first 12 months of the warranty.
- The defect impairs the vehicle's operation, market value, or safety.
Once you know your vehicle qualifies as a lemon, get in touch with a local UT attorney who handles cases in lemon law. For more details about how to file a complaint, visit our page about Lemon Laws or contact a lemon law attorney.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!