Identification Cards in UtahCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
What if you need to show an ID, but you don't drive and don't need a license? Fortunately, you don't need to go through the motions of getting a driver license just to prove your age or identity.
You can get a Utah photo identification card for $18 without taking any tests, and you don't need an appointment. Use the ID to cash checks, open accounts, get on an airplane, buy alcohol, use your credit card, and so forth―everything but drive.
Visit your local driver license field office with the following:
- A completed application (Form DLD6A).
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of Social Security number.
- Documents that prove your UT residence if it differs from the address on your current Utah record.
- Proof of legal or lawful presence.
- Proof of name change, if applicable.
- Proof includes marriage certificates, divorce papers, etc.
- Payment for $18 fee.
A parent or guardian must sign off for applicants under 16 years old.
Utah ID cards are mailed within 3 weeks of application. They are valid for 5 years.
If you must surrender your driver's license due to age or medical reasons, you're eligible for a free ID card. To apply, you must appear in person.
NOTE: You cannot hold both a UT driver's license and ID card at the same time.
All Utah identification cards must be renewed in person at your local Driver's License Field Office. ID cards are valid for 5 years.
To renew, complete the application (Form DLD6A) and pay the fee of $18.Other Topics in This SectionTrue or False
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.