DUI Attorneys in UtahSUMMARY: DUI Attorneys in UtahContinue reading for more details about Utah DUI attorneys.
You should think about hiring a DUI attorney in Utah if you're facing a charge for driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs/alcohol (also referred to as a DWI). A DUI attorney may be able to have your penalties and charges reduced and help to reduce your stress throughout the court process.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Choosing a DUI attorney shouldn't be done without any research. You want to make sure you hire the right lawyer for your specific situation. Keep these tips in mind when picking a DUI attorney to represent you:
- Choose a lawyer with experience in DUI cases, specifically in Utah. DUI laws may vary from state to state, so make sure your attorney is well versed in local UT laws and court processes.
- Ask people you know for recommendations.
- Get quotes from multiple DUI attorneys before making your final decision.
- Consultations are usually free, so do as much research as possible.
- Ask about fees. Make sure your DUI attorney is affordable and you can make payment on time.
Charges Handled by DUI Attorneys
A DUI attorney in Utah can help you with any alcohol-related offenses, such as:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit.
- Refusing a BAC test.
- Driving with an open container of alcohol in your vehicle.
Before choosing a UT DUI attorney to represent you, check whether he or she has had experience with a case similar to yours.
While a Utah DUI attorney may be an additional expense, hiring one can save you money in the long term. A DUI lawyer can:
- Represent you at your Utah court hearing.
- Complete all require paperwork for you.
- Explain your best options and how you should plead.
- Explain the UT court process to you.
- Help negotiate penalties and charges with the judge.
Utah DUI attorneys cannot guarantee an outcome for your case, however, having one on your side can result in lesser penalties and help to reduce your stress when going through the court process.
Committing a DUI in Utah can result in harsh penalties, such as:
- A UT driver's license suspension.
- Community service.
- Jail time.
- Mandatory treatment for alcohol or drug abuse.
- The installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
For more information, visit our DUI & DWI in Utah page.Compare SR-22 Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended Articles