- Location: Texas
Replacing a Lost Registration in TexasCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
- Submit a Request for Texas Motor Vehicle Information (Form VTR-275).
- Fill out your information and check the box marked "Duplicate registration receipt for current registration period."
- Pay the corresponding fee listed on the form.
If the registration sticker on your license plate has been lost or damaged, you can replace it by:
- Visiting your local county tax office.
- Submitting a completed Application for Replacement Vehicle Registration Sticker (Form VTR-60).
- Paying the $6 replacement fee and $1 automation fee.
If one or both of your license plates is lost or stolen, head to your county tax office to get a set of replacements. New numbers will be issued unless you have personalized plates and wish to keep the same numbers.
It costs $6 for most vehicles plus you will pay a $1 automation fee (see above for information on lost stickers).
NOTE: You should strongly consider reporting stolen license plates to the police.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸