Online Services in Texas
Good news for Texas drivers! Residents have a Texas-sized list of online driver and vehicle services from which you can conveniently conduct driving-related business at home.
Typically, driver and vehicle services are handled through the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) or the TX Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can check out the list of state-offered online transactions on the DPS website or the DMV website, but we've also included the services you can access from home with the help of private companies, to make sure you have as much information as possible when deciding how to handle the situation.
Texas Vehicle Services
To drive in America, your car needs to have certain paperwork in line and up-to-date. Luckily, you can manage most of it through the Texas DMV or with the help of private companies. Check out the list below to see which online services are offered where.
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Sign up for registration renewal emails.
- Auto insurance.
- There's no getting around it: to drive legally, you need car insurance. Fortunately, you can find the perfect plan from the comfort of your own home.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Insurance is mandatory for motorcyclists. You can't buy it through the state, but the process can still be quick and easy with help from outside businesses.
- Car registration.
- You can get in big trouble for driving an unregistered vehicle. An experienced company can help you through this essential process to make sure your i's are dotted and t's crossed.
- Vehicle history reports for:
- A VHR ensures you're buying the car you were promised by a seller or dealer. You can only get one in Texas with the help of outside vendors.
- Vehicle history report and VIN checks.
- Another safeguard against slick sellers, vehicle identification number (VIN) checks are also only offered in TX through private businesses. Be as prepared as possible before buying a used car.
TX Licenses & Personal Records
Your car isn't the only one needing up-to-date paperwork. You'll need to have a driver's license, and to get your license you'll need to provide a number of personal records. You can manage a number of those documents online, either through the TX DPS or private businesses. See below for all your options.
- Renew driver's license or state identification card.
- Track renewed or updated license or ID card.
- Change address on:
- Driver's license.
- State identification card.
- Request driving records.
- Check license status/driving eligibility.
- Pay driver's license reinstatement fees.
- Obtain court information for failure to appear or pay.
- Driving records.
- While the state offers this service, going through the government for any type of records can be a bureaucratic nightmare. Cut through the red tape right away with help from an experienced private business.
- Identity theft.
- In a world where your personal information is more vulnerable than ever, there's no reason not to protect your identity. Don't become the next victim of this crime.
- Name change.
- If you're changing your name, don't add more anxiety to an already-stressful process. Let someone else worry about the details for you.
- Background check.
- There are many places and ways to dig up information on someone's past. Using a private company with experience in the field will ensure no rock goes unturned in your search.
- Criminal record check.
- Another tricky task that can involve wading through the notoriously slow processes at the court house. Why drive downtown and stand in line for hours when an outside vendor can do the legwork for you?
- Court records.
- Using a private company instead of the state service can save you time, money, and keep you from stressing through this sometimes tedious process.
- Public records.
- Just because they're public doesn't meant they're easy to track down. Hiring an experienced private business to help can ensure that you not only have what you need quickly and easily but you have everything you need.
- Vital records, including your:
- Birth records.
- Death records.
- Divorce records.
- Marriage records.
- Going through state agencies for such information is only a good idea if you have exceptional patience. For those who don't prefer waiting in long lines, a private business can be a faster and easier solution.
- International driver's permit.
- When you're planning an overseas trip, there are plenty of other details to worry about. Give yourself a break, and hire an experienced business to oversee this piece of the puzzle.
Driver's Ed in Texas
Texas driver's education courses are only available through third-party vendors, but their benefits range from acing your driving test on the first try—saving time and money—to learning the proper way to avoid accidents—which could save your life.
Programs offered in TX include:
- Teen driver's education.
- Adult Driver's Ed.
- Auto driving prep course.
- Boater education.
- Driver's license and permit exam:
- Cheat sheets for CDL exams.
- Practice tests for CDL exams.
- Motorcycle study guides and practice tests.
- Defensive driving school.
- Mature driving course.
Legal Services in TX
Nobody's perfect, and sometimes people run into legal trouble. But, don't worry: the situation may be stressful, though finding help for it isn't. There are a number of services you can access to aide you right from your own home, whether through the Texas DPS, the TX DMV, or a private business.
- Request a hearing if your license has been:
- Request a hearing for breath or blood test failure.
- Pay your traffic ticket.
- It's not a fun task, but avoiding it can get you in big trouble. Using an outside vendor to help can ease the stress of the situation.
- Hire a traffic ticket attorney.
- Unfairly cited? Don't just roll over—fight for your rights. An attorney will help you do so in the smartest way possible.
- Find a DUI attorney.
- A DUI is an extremely stressful situation that can easily lead to a number of bad outcomes. Finding an attorney will not only lessen the burden on you, but could also help you come away from the case with the least amount of personal damage.
TX Miscellaneous Services
- Schedule a road test.
- Check if fees are owed.
- Pay reinstatement fees.
- Passport expedition.
- If you need your passport processed quickly, there's no other way to get your official paperwork done on time. An experienced agency will make sure you can get on your scheduled flight.