Online Services in TexasPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Suspended TX Drivers License Services
- Texas Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- TX Motor Carrier Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Texas Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Texas Auto Dealer Services
Good news if you're the homebody type. Residents have a Texas-size list of online driver and vehicle services from which they can conveniently conduct driving-related business at home. This means no driving or waiting in line, provided you qualify.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby TX DPS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the status of your driver's license.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your TX driver's license online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your identification card online.
- Look up the status of your Texas ID card.
- Pay a traffic ticket online.
- Notify the DPS of an address change.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Pay drivers license reinstatement fees.
- Check the status of your driving eligibility, and see if you owe any fees.
- Request a hearing for a suspended, cancelled, revoked, denied or disqualified drivers license.
- Obtain court information for failure to appear or pay.
- Pay surcharges for the state's Driver Responsibility Program.
- Request an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing for a breath or blood test failure or refusal to take the test.
- Schedule a driving test (this online option is not available at all offices).
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Enroll in a motorcycle safety course.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a TX drivers license practice test.
- Take a TX drivers permit practice test.
- Take a TX commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a TX motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Texas Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Texas defensive driving or traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Consult our Driver's License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Texas.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby TX nearby county tax office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Texas.
- Request a registration renewal reminder via e-mail.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Renew your boat registration.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain a Texas license plate.
- Order specialty license plates.
- Order military license plates.
- Learn more on TX smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Change your home address with the state.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Texas that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
- Inquire about a motor vehicle.
- Access a list of motor vehicle dealers, manufacturers and distributors in Texas.
- Check the status of your dealer license application.
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section