Motorcycle Registration in Texas
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
To register a motorcycle in the State of Texas, you simply follow the same procedures as you do when registering a car. There is no additional paperwork for registering a motorcycle, though of course on the application you must properly describe the bike's type, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), and engine capacity.
To register your motorcycle, you will need the following:
- Proof of ownership
- A safety inspection certificate obtained at an official inspection station
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of insurance
While initial registrations must be made in person at your County Tax Assessor-Collectors office or one of their designated subcontractors, after that you will be able to renew by mail. Depending on what county you live in, you may also be able to renew your motorcycle registration online.
The registration fee for motorcycles is $30 per year plus local fees determined by the county you live in ($5 to $11.50).
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.