Dealers Handbook in Texas
The Motor Vehicle Dealer Manual is the holy grail of in-depth information for those in the business of buying, selling, and distributing cars.
If you even have a glimmer of an idea to start in the industry and ultimately apply for a dealer license, start reading. The handbook is essential to understanding the detailed rules and guidelines the state has in place to regulate the industry.
Those already operating a business should have a copy handy simply to assuage any doubt as to the procedures for the range of operations, from complex tax codes, to financing and titling protocols.
The handbook covers:
- Licensing process overview, including a discussion of the initial application process, types and exemptions, renewals, what to do when moving the dealership, and cancellations;
- Dealer operations overview, including information on plates, auctions, lemon laws, and record keeping procedures;
- Sales overview, including information on cash sales, financing and installment plans;
- Vehicle titling, including a step-by-step synopsis of the application process;
- Compliance overview, including a thorough listing of violations that will place your license at risk.
For more information, or to request a hard copy of the manual if you choose not to print out a copy, call (888) 368-4689.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section