DMV Appointments in TexasThe Texas Department of Public Safety (Tx DPS) offers online appointments for driving tests at certain locations. Not all offices offer this service. Contact your local office for more information, or call (512) 424-2600
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the Tx DPS. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to a DPS office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section