Accident Guide in Texas

Filing a Report

Texas law requires that a Crash Report, Form CR-2, be filed when an accident occurs that results in injury or death, or when damage to property or vehicles is more than $1,000. If law enforcement does not come to the accident scene or complete a report.

After determining that everyone is safe after the accident, and administering first aid if needed, you'll need to gather some information. Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, driver's license numbers, tag numbers, insurance information, and complete vehicle descriptions with all parties involved. If there were any witnesses, be sure to get their names and addresses, too.

You'll also want to write down the weather and road conditions at the time of the accident.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Accident Guide in Another State?