- Location: Tennessee
Replacing a Lost CDL in Tennessee
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
The process to replace a lost or stolen commercial driver license (CDL) in Tennessee is quite simple. Just go to your county clerk's office and tell them you need a replacement. Because you'll already be in their database, you won't need to take any documents with you (although it can't hurt to bring two forms of identification with you just in case).
The fee to replace a lost CDL is $12, and you'll receive your new CDL the same day.
The fee for a second duplicate (if you lose it again before it expires) is $16.
Although Tennessee doesn't require you to report a lost or stolen CDL to law enforcement, you may want to do so for your own protection. Refer to the Federal Trade Commission for information about identity theft protection.MORE INFORMATION ABOUT TENNESSEE CDLS
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.