DMV Practice Tests in TennesseeWritten Test Preparation Made Simple
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
Driver Permit Test Packages
Package Price $9.99 $14.99 $24.99 Free with
Tests Variations Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited 1 Number of Questions 50 100 100 25 100% Online Practice Test State Specific Questions - State Driver Preparation Course - - - Start Test Start Test Start Test RegisterSUMMARY: DMV Practice Tests in Tennessee
Online practice tests are a great way to prepare for the written test you'll take for a permit or driver's license in Tennessee. You can also take a prep course or use a study guide to get ready for the TN driver's license exam.
Continue reading to learn more about DMV practice tests in Tennessee.
Types of Practice Tests in Tennessee
Practice tests are available to help you prepare for the general permit or driver's license written exam given by the Tennessee Department of Safety (DOS).
They offer an effective way to learn and review the information found in the Tennessee Driver's Handbook.
If you do well on a practice test, then you can be confident that you're ready for the real thing.
You can get:
- Learner's permit practice tests made especially for teen drivers getting their learner's permits.
- Driver's license practice tests ideal if you're getting a TN license for the first time. (Also available in Spanish.)
- Road signs practice tests to study and review TN road signs.
- Motorcycle practice tests.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) practice tests.
- Practice tests are also available for various CDL endorsements.
With 50- or 100-question sets available, you'll be able to take unlimited practice tests that reflect the variety of questions on the TN DOS test.
Other Ways to Prepare for the DMV Test
In addition to practice tests, several other study tools are available to help you, including:
- Online test prep courses:
- About an hour long.
- Uses videos and other multimedia.
- Great for learning about Tennessee's traffic regulations.
- Printable study guides:
- Compact printable notes.
- Covers key concepts, including road signs.
- Perfect for quick and focused review.
If you're not ready to try a practice test or you'd like a different way to learn and review the material found in the TN Driver Handbook, prep courses and study guides can come in handy.
Taking the TN Written Exam
You'll have to take a written knowledge test when:
- Applying for most permits or driver's licenses from the TN DOS for the first time.
- Exchanging an out-of-state driver's license that expired longer than 6 months ago.
NOTE: Applicants must also pass a vision test and may have to pass a driving test.
You'll take your test at a Tennessee DOS Driver Service Center. (Written tests are available in various languages.)
If you need to take the test orally, you must make an appointment.
What Does the Test Cover?
The TN DOS written knowledge test is made up of questions about:
- Road signs and traffic signals.
- Safe driving techniques.
- Traffic regulations.
- Alcohol and drug laws.
All information covered can be found in the TN Driver's Manual.
What if I Fail the Test?
If you fail the written test, you must wait 7 days before you can take it again.
If you fail due to cheating, you must wait at least 30 days before you can retake it.
Prepare by taking a few practice tests and there'll be no need to resort to cheating or to worry about failing!