Personal Injury Attorneys in Tennessee
Involvement in a personal injury accident can leave you hurt and confused about how to move forward. A personal injury attorney can offer you the help you need to get fully compensated for your injuries and make sure you take all the steps you need to take after the accident.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Many personal injuries, whether physical or mental, occur because of another person's negligence or harmful acts. These personal injuries can devastate your life, and the lives of your family members, friends, and other loved ones.
A personal injury attorney can allow you to trust that you are being represented and taken care of as you focus on putting your life back together after the accident.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury, you may be entitled to compensation. However, it may be difficult to get the compensation you need from the insurance settlement. Insurance companies attempt to provide the lowest acceptable amount, so while t can be tempting to accept the first offer so you can get your medical bills paid, this can hurt you in the end.
When you hire a personal injury attorney, you are hiring someone to negotiate with the insurance companies and represent your interests. It's particularly important to seek help IF:
- Your injuries are serious.
- You didn't discover your injuries immediately after the accident.
- The accident worsened existing injuries.
- Your medical bills are high.
- Fault is debated/unclear.
- One or more drivers is uninsured or underinsured.
- Your insurance company is dragging its feet or offering a very low settlement.
- You've lost wages due to the accident.
- You are experience pain and suffering, emotional distress, or other non-economic losses.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury and want to seek legal advice, contact a nearby personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Whether you're a pedestrian, driver, or passenger, there are ways you can protect yourself and others. Below are some laws and additional tips to keep yourself and others protected against and in the event of personal injuries.
- Make sure you have adequate car insurance.
- Be sure you are covered by underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage.
- Underinsured motorist coverage protects you if the other party involved in the accident doesn't have enough insurance to adequately compensate you for your injuries and damages.
- Uninsured motorist coverage protects you if the other party involved in the accident doesn't have any insurance at all.
- Notify your auto insurance company of any accidents in a timely manner.
- Document the accident, as well as your injuries.
- Keep a journal of your pain and symptoms.
- Keep your medical bills and document your medical appointments.
- Notify the Tennessee Highway Patrol, as they are responsible for investigating all accidents resulting in personal injury.