- Location: Tennessee
Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Tennessee
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
If you own a valid Tennessee driver's license, no endorsement is required to operate a motorized bicycle that is 50 cc or less.
Other types of motorcycles in Tennessee, including scooters and mopeds, are titled and registered in the same manner as motorcycles are titled and registered.
In a nutshell, you'll need to visit your local County Clerk's office with the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) or the title you acquire from the individual from whom you purchase the moped or scooter.
The fees and taxes you must pay to title and register your moped or scooter vary, and the Department of Revenue (DOR) advises contacting your local County Clerk's office for specific details.
Helmets are required when operating a moped or scooter.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard