Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Tennessee

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Service Comparison State Motor Vehicle Agency
Online Registration
Same Day Processing
E-Copy of Registration No
Next Day Delivery No
Alternate Mailing Address Requires Address Change
Phone Support No
Convenience Fee $0 $29
Learn More Do it for me

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

Type of License Required

If you own a valid Tennessee driver's license, no endorsement is required to operate a motorized bicycle that is 50 ccs or less.

Registration Requirements

Other types of motorcycles in Tennessee, including scooters and mopeds, are titled and registered in the same manner as motorcycles are titled and registered.

In a nutshell, you'll need to visit your local County Clerk's office with the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) or the title you acquire from the individual from whom you purchase the moped or scooter.

You'll also need to take proof of identity and proof of Tennessee residency.

Fees and Taxes

The fees and taxes you must pay to title and register your moped or scooter vary, and the Department of Revenue (DOR) advises contacting your local County Clerk's office for specific details.


Helmets are required when operating a moped or scooter.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Looking for Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Another State?