Online Services in TennesseePage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Tennessee Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Tennessee Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Even if you live in Nashville, a trip to your local motor vehicle agency might not sound like music to your ears. Luckily, Tennessee residents can take advantage of many online driver and vehicle services. Read on for a list of all driving-related tasks you can complete from home.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Driver Services Division of the Tennessee Department of Safety. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby Driver Service Center. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your drivers license online in Tennessee.
- Pay a TN license reinstatement fee online.
- Order a duplicate drivers license online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay a traffic ticket fine online.
- Search traffic violation records online in Tennessee.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Reprint a confirmation report of your driver services transactions.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Schedule a road test online in Tennessee.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a TN drivers license practice test.
- Take a TN drivers permit practice test.
- Take a TN commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a TN motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Tennessee Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Tennessee traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Tennessee.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Vehicle Services Division of the Department of Revenue. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby branch. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Tennessee.
- Renew your TN vehicle registration.
- Renew a Tennessee boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Search vehicle titles and registrations online.
- Learn more on TN smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Tennessee license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Tennessee that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section