Motorcycle Manual in TennesseePass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page Overview
The Tennessee Department of Safety (DOS) provides a special manual by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) for motorcyclists. For your convenience, it's available for download in PDF format. You will need the free Adobe Reader software to download and read PDF files.
You can also pick up a copy of the manual at any driver license station.
The Motorcycle Manual covers a wealth of information. Below is an outline of the main areas for quick reference.
- Motorcycle only (Class M)
- Motorcycle-secondary (Class M)
- Motor-drive cycle (Class M-limited)
- Motorized bicycle (no endorsement required)
- Motorcycle learner's permit (Class P-M)
- For the driver (such as helmet and goggles)
- For the vehicle (such as windshield, headlights/taillights, handlebars, mirrors, footrests, and muffler)
- Identification requirements
- Laws and rights regarding the motorcycle
- The right gear
- Knowing the motorcycle
- Knowing rider responsibilities
- Vehicle control
- Interaction with other vehicles (as well as group riding)
- Dealing with mechanical problems
- Dealing with driving conditions (including surfaces and objects on the road)
- Knowledge test
- Road test (on the vehicle)
The manual also highlights the importance of professional training and provides information about the MSF, the services offered, and its contact information.
Choose a County
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section