Paperwork When Selling a Car in Tennessee
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
No matter your situation, you'll need to deal with these forms:
If you cannot find your title, you will need to file for a replacement to present to the buyer.
When selling your car, your paperwork requirements differ a bit depending on the situation, and the state provides a fairly complete list of all the forms you may possibly need.
No mandatory action is required on your behalf.
Though not required, state officials highly encourage keeping a bill of sale for your own records. You can download a copy from our Bill of Sale page.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.