- Location: Tennessee
Paperwork When Selling a Car in TennesseeCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
No matter your situation, you'll need to deal with these forms:
- An Affidavit of Non-Dealer Transfers of Motor Vehicles and Boats
- Odometer Discrepancy Form
- Vehicle Information Request Form
If you cannot find your title, you will need to file for a replacement to present to the buyer.
When selling your car, your paperwork requirements differ a bit depending on the situation, and the state provides a fairly complete list of all the forms you may possibly need.
No mandatory action is required on your behalf.
Though not required, state officials highly encourage keeping a bill of sale for your own records. You can download a copy from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard