- Location: Tennessee
Vehicle Code in TennesseeCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
You can access all Tennessee Codes using LexisNexis, including vehicle codes.
Being familiar with, or at least being able to research, vehicle codes can come in handy should you need to find out about laws that pertain to the roadways or driving.
LexisNexis may seem a bit tricky to use, at first, but they provide complete instructions on how to view all codes as well as search for a particular code.
Unfortunately, due to the way LexisNexis works, we can't provide you with direct links to specific codes; however, we can provide you with the codes to which you should refer.
Title 54 contains 22 chapters covering subjects including, but not limited to:
- Department of transportation
- State highways
- Public fords, ferries, and bridges
- Private roads
- Tennessee Tollway Authority
- Scenic roadways
- Junkyards and automobile graveyards
Title 55 contains 53 chapters covering subjects including, but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle title and registration law
- Operation of vehicles: rules of the road
- Financial responsibility of owners and operators
- Automobile clubs and associations
- Highway safety
- Disabled drivers and passengers
- Motor vehicle warranties
- Uniform Motor Vehicle Records Disclosure Act
Whenever you need or want to check the status of your driver’s license, you can order a driving record report. This record will spell out if your driver’s license is currently valid. Should your license have been revoked or suspended, the report will indicate that according to what’s on record at the DOS. This report will also show points against your license and, in some cases, information on any accidents you have had.Other Topics in This Section