- Location: Tennessee
Personal Injury in Tennessee
Many personal injuries, whether physical or mental, occur because of another person's negligence or harmful acts. These personal injuries can devastate your life, and the lives of your family members, friends, and other loved ones.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury, there's good news―you may be entitled to compensation.
You are probably familiar with many of the commercials advertising personal injury attorneys. Personal injury attorneys can protect you from being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous insurance company. They can negotiate payment from insurance companies and bills from hospitals on your behalf.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury and want to seek legal advice, contact a nearby personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Whether you're a pedestrian, driver, or passenger, there are ways you can protect yourself and others. Below are some laws and additional tips to keep yourself and others protected against and in the event of personal injuries.
- Make sure you have adequate automobile insurance or financial responsibility. Find out if you have insurance that will cover you if another party is at fault for an accident and insurance that will cover another party if you are at fault for an accident.
- Be sure you are covered by underinsured and uninsured motorist protection. Underinsured coverage protects you if the other party involved in the accident doesn't have enough insurance to adequately compensate you for your injuries and damages. Uninsurance coverage protects you if the other party involved in the accident doesn't have any insurance at all.
- Notify your insurance company of any accidents in a timely manner.
- Notify the Tennessee Highway Patrol, as they are responsible for investigating all accidents resutling in personal injury.
The Tennessee Driver License Handbook is a great resource for information about defensive driving and avoiding accidents.
FREQUENTLY VISITED SECTIONS
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard