Appointments in TennesseePage Overview
The Tennessee Department of Safety offers an online appointment scheduler for Class D road tests and motorcycle road tests. Appointments may be made by phone for Commercial Driver's License (CDL) tests.
You may schedule or cancel your road test appointment for a class D driver's license or a motorcycle license from the comfort of home by using the Online Appointment Scheduler.
If you prefer to schedule a road test by phone, call (866) 849-3548.
To schedule a CDL test, call your desired Driver Test Center.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the TN Department of Safety. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to a Driver Services office, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday