Special LicensesCertain occupations and situations call for special drivers’ licenses. If you are transporting people or goods you will want to make sure you are holding the proper license. So whether you are driving a taxi, a bus, a shuttle, certain sports vehicles, or acting as a chauffeur, DMV.org has the information you need to get and stay legally licensed.On the DMV.org special licenses pages you will learn which type of license you need, how to qualify for that license, which forms you need to fill out, and how much the license will cost in your home state.
Choose a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Let us help you find it!
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Especially for You: Information on Special Licenses
- Operating a Snow Mobile: Special Driver Licenses, Training, and Age Requirements
- What is a Special License, and Do You Need One?
- Driving All-Terrain Vehicles: Special Licenses, Training, and More for ATVs
- Special License Requirements: When and How to Apply for a Special License
Local DMV Office
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.