RV & Motorhome Registration in South Dakota
All RVs and motor homes (new and used) must be registered within 30 days of purchase. If you just moved here from out of state, you'll have 90 days to register your RV or motor home.
Visit your local treasurer's office with:
- A completed Application for Motor Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Proper identification.
- A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin OR the existing title properly signed over to you.
- A completed Power of Attorney form, if necessary (only if someone other than the vehicle owner is to sign the registration).
- A completed bill of sale, purchase order, or sales contract (for out-of-state vehicle purchases only).
- Payment for registration fees. If you're registering an RV, you'll have to pay a fee based on the non-commercial trailer fee schedule. If you're registering a motor home, you'll have to pay the fee using the non-commercial motor home schedule.
Once you've properly registered your vehicle and paid the fees, you'll be given the registration paper, which needs to be kept in the vehicle.
You'll need to renew your registration annually on a schedule determined by the first letter of the vehicle owner's last name.
For more information on the registration process, check out the state's title and registration home page.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸