- Location: South Dakota
Replacing a Lost Title in South DakotaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Ordering a Duplicate Title
Losing a title happens more than you might think. So much so South Dakota's Motor Vehicles Division (MVD) has an efficient duplicate title retrieval process.
The process is simple. All you must do is:
- Complete an aptly named Application for a Application for a Duplicate Certificate of Title. It must be signed before a notary public, and include the notary public's seal.
- Provide an odometer reading if your vehicle is under 10 years old, and/or has a gross vehicle weight rating of 16,000 pounds or less.
- Include a lien release if there's a lien, or have the lienholder sign the Application for a Duplicate Certificate of Title .
- Pay a $10 fee.
You can either deliver this in person to your county treasurer's office or mail to:
- Duplicate Title Section
- Division of Motor Vehicles
- 445 East Capitol Ave.
Other Topics in This Section
- Pierre, SD 57501-3185
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸