Replacing a Lost CDL in South Dakota
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
There are two ways to replace a lost commercial driver's license (CDL): in person and by mail.
This is the simplest method.
However, be aware that examiners reserve the right to question documents and ask for additional proof of identity before they issue an identification card.
The cost to replace your license is $10.
Keep in mind that even though you now have a "new" license, it will still expire on the date of the "old" license.
If you wish to apply for a duplicate license through the mail, then complete the following steps:
- Fill out a Driver's License Application
- Make copies of either two primary or one primary and one secondary document
- Write your signature on a plain piece of white paper
Then, take all of this, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and mail it to:
- Driver Licensing Program
- 118 West Capitol Ave.
- Pierre, SD 57501
If you are sending a check for the $10 fee, make it payable to the Department of Public Safety.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.