Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost CDL in South Dakota

    Two Ways to Replace

    There are two ways to replace a lost commercial driver's license (CDL): in person and by mail.

    In Person

    This is the simplest method.

    Head to any exam station and bring along either two primary identification documents, or one primary and one secondary document.

    However, be aware that examiners reserve the right to question documents and ask for additional proof of identity before they issue an identification card.

    The cost to replace your license is $10.

    Keep in mind that even though you now have a "new" license, it will still expire on the date of the "old" license.

    By Mail

    If you wish to apply for a duplicate license through the mail, then complete the following steps:

    Then, take all of this, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and mail it to:

    • Driver Licensing Program
    • 118 West Capitol Ave.
    • Pierre, SD 57501

    If you are sending a check for the $10 fee, make it payable to the Department of Public Safety.

    Compare Commercial Insurance
    Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Related Content

    Provide Feedback

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.

    Find Your
    Local DMV Office
Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?