DUI Attorneys in South DakotaPage OverviewSUMMARY: DUI Attorneys in South Dakota
Consider hiring a DUI attorney in South Dakota if you've been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or illegal substances—also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI). An attorney may able to have your fines and penalties reduced.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Browse this page for more details about finding a SD DUI attorney.
If you choose to hire a DUI lawyer in South Dakota, read the following tips before you make a decision:
- Ask people you know if they know any reputable lawyers in your area.
- Go with a local DUI attorney with experience.
- Contact a number of lawyers, since initial consultations are typically free.
- Be sure to compare knowledge, success rates, and pricing.
- Double-check what you'll have to pay.
- Be sure you can afford your attorney's fees and will be able to submit payment on time.
While you'll have to pay additional fees to hire a DUI attorney, he or she may be able to save you time, stress, and money in the long term. A South Dakota DUI attorney can also:
- Walk you through the court process and represent you in SD court.
- Complete and submit all required court documents.
- Instruct you on how to plead.
- Arrange a plea bargain with the court to reduce your fines.
If you're convicted of a DUI in South Dakota, you'll face serious penalties from both the court and the Department of Public Safety (DPS). For your 1st offense, penalties include:
- Court costs.
- A SD driver's license revocation for 30 days to 1 year.
- Enrollment in an approved alcohol-counseling program.
- 24/7 sobriety testing.
You can also face additional penalties depending on the nature and circumstances of your DUI offense. A DUI attorney can help to reduce these penalties and help you throughout your entire court process.
For specific details about DUI penalties in South Dakota, please visit our DUI & DWI page.Compare SR-22 Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended Articles