DUI Attorneys in South DakotaPage OverviewSUMMARY: DUI Attorneys in South Dakota
Consider hiring a DUI attorney in South Dakota if you've been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or illegal substancesâ€”also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI). An attorney may able to have your fines and penalties reduced.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Browse this page for more details about finding a SD DUI attorney.
If you choose to hire a DUI lawyer in South Dakota, read the following tips before you make a decision:
- Ask people you know if they know any reputable lawyers in your area.
- Go with a local DUI attorney with experience.
- Contact a number of lawyers, since initial consultations are typically free.
- Be sure to compare knowledge, success rates, and pricing.
- Double-check what you'll have to pay.
- Be sure you can afford your attorney's fees and will be able to submit payment on time.
While you'll have to pay additional fees to hire a DUI attorney, he or she may be able to save you time, stress, and money in the long term. A South Dakota DUI attorney can also:
- Walk you through the court process and represent you in SD court.
- Complete and submit all required court documents.
- Instruct you on how to plead.
- Arrange a plea bargain with the court to reduce your fines.
If you're convicted of a DUI in South Dakota, you'll face serious penalties from both the court and the Department of Public Safety (DPS). For your 1st offense, penalties include:
- Court costs.
- A SD driver's license revocation for 30 days to 1 year.
- Enrollment in an approved alcohol-counseling program.
- 24/7 sobriety testing.
You can also face additional penalties depending on the nature and circumstances of your DUI offense. A DUI attorney can help to reduce these penalties and help you throughout your entire court process.
For specific details about DUI penalties in South Dakota, please visit our DUI & DWI page.Compare SR-22 Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended Articles