Custom Built Car Registration in South DakotaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Whether you have a custom-built car or a minivan, the registration process is the same.
(If you've just moved to South Dakota, you'll have 90 days to register your custom-built car here.)
Visit your county treasurer's office with:
- A completed Application for Motor Vehicle Title and Registration
- A completed Power of Attorney form (only if someone other than the vehicle owner is to sign the registration)
- A completed bill of sale, purchase order, or sales contract (for out-of-state vehicle purchases only)
- Payment for license fee
Once you've properly registered your car and paid the fees, you'll be given the registration paper which needs to be kept in the car.
You'll need to renew your registration every year on a schedule determined by the first letter of the vehicle owner's last name.
Of course, you'll also have to get a title for your car, and pay fees for that, too. Again, this will occur at the county treasurer's office. We talk about the titling process in our Title Transfers section.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸