Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in South Dakota

    Registering a car?

    It's a good time to check car insurance rates

    Find the lowest rate among top providers.

    Have You Recently Moved?

    Don't forget to notify the State by changing the address on your license.

    To do so, simply email the following information:

    • Your full name as it appears on your driver's license.
    • Your SD driver's license number.
    • Your date of birth.

    This will only update your records with the SD DMV. If you would like a replacement driver's license showing your new address, you must visit a SD driver exam station and pay the $10 duplicate license fee.

    What About Name Changes?

    If you change your name, whether it be due to marriage, divorce, or a court order, you will need to update the South Dakota DMV.

    For more information, see our Changing Your Name in South Dakota page.

    Other Topics in This Section