- Location: South Dakota
Paperwork When Selling a Car in South DakotaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
You must provide the buyer with:
- A completed title.
- A bill of sale.
- A lien release, if applicable.
- A seller's permit. This will allow the buyer to legally drive the vehicle for 30 days before registering.
Be sure to remove the plates from the sold vehicle.
The buyer will need a bill of sale. You can, if needed, conveniently download this form from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard