Traffic Tickets in South CarolinaInstant South Carolina Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record. Each record may include suspensions, points, classifications, vital data, endorsements, expiration and driving status.
If you get a traffic ticket in South Carolina―for any driving violation―be sure to read it. Information that you will need to pay the ticket is provided on both the front and the back of the citation.
Each ticket contains a telephone number you must call after receiving the ticket. The courts need time to process the tickets, so wait a few days before you call.
The phone call will give you the details of your ticket―where to pay, when to pay, and what to pay. Ask the agent how payments are accepted in the county where you received the ticket. Some South Carolina counties allow you to pay online; others require you to pay by mail or in person.
Check Your Driving Record
If you wish to contest your ticket, you may plead not guilty by appearing in traffic court on the assigned day. Ask the agent on the phone for the process for that county, since the procedure varies in each county.
Traffic tickets are costly. Not only must you pay the fees associated with each infraction, you'll also accumulate points on your driving record. After six points, you'll receive a notice from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requesting that you drive with more caution, and advising you of the consequences of a suspended license. In the event that your license is suspended, you'll also have to pay to have it reinstated.
And as if all that extra money isn't bad enough? Each traffic ticket, and the accumulation of points, is reported to your insurance company and your premiums are likely to increase.Other Topics in This SectionRecommended Articles Next Prev
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
- Traveling With Pets Part 4: Pit Stops and Potty Breaks
- August 30-Day Green Challenge: Navy Showers
- Traveling With Pets Part 3: Keep Pets Calm and Relaxed
- Traveling With Pets Part 2: Pet Safety in the Vehicle
- What do I do if get a traffic ticket in SC?
- How can I get a traffic ticket dismissed?
- Are traffic ticket fines the same throughout the state?
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- Contesting an Out-of-State Traffic Ticket
- Traffic Ticket Myths: What’s Fact and What’s Fiction?
- Using Witnesses When Fighting a Traffic Ticket
- The Pros and Cons of Fighting a Traffic Ticket
- Traffic Ticket and DUI Penalties for Commercial Drivers
Can't find something? Let us help you find it!