RV & Motorhome Registration in South Carolina
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
Registering your RV or motor home in South Carolina is the same process as registering a vehicle.
You may register it by mail. The address is provided on the application.
Inspections are not required for RVs or motor homes to be registered in South Carolina.
You will need to provide the following documentation:
- Proof of identification.
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, or the original title signed over to you.
- Receipt for your paid property taxes. South Carolina requires you to pay the taxes on your vehicle before you register it.
- Bill of Sale. SC requires an original document that you must pick up at your local Department of Motor Vehicles but this sample will provide you with the information you'll need.
- Your out-of-state title and registration if you are moving to SC.
- Proof of insurance. SC requires all vehicles to be covered with a minimum of liability insurance.
- Lien information. If your RV or motor home was purchased by loan, you will need to provide the name and address of the company or person carrying the loan.
- Casual tax. SC charges a tax for all newly purchased vehicles, 5% of the purchase price.
- Registration and title fees.
The title fee for all vehicles is $15. The registration fee for RVs is $24. Taxes on your motor home or RV must be paid through your County Treasurer before you register the vehicle.
Once again, renewing the registration of an RV or motor home is the same as renewing any other kind of vehicle.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback