Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost CDL in South Carolina

    Report to Police

    If your South Carolina commercial driver's license (CDL) has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you must report it to the police.

    To replace your CDL, visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV); unfortunately, you can't obtain a duplicate CDL online.

    The Process

    You will need to complete Form 447, an application for a duplicate license, and Form DL-49, an affidavit for lost, stolen or surrendered licenses. Both are available at your local DMV, or you can download them.

    Be sure to fill out the correct section on Form D-49. If your license has not been suspended, you'll complete the bottom portion of the form.

    Note that you can only apply for one replacement license per any one 12-month period.

    For more information about your South Carolina CDL, check out our Commercial Driver FAQs section.

    Compare Commercial Insurance
    Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.