- Location: South Carolina
Replacing a Lost CDL in South CarolinaGet Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
If your South Carolina commercial driver's license (CDL) has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you must report it to the police.
To replace your CDL, visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV); unfortunately, you can't obtain a duplicate CDL online.
You will need to complete Form 447, an application for a duplicate license, and Form DL-49, an affidavit for lost, stolen or surrendered licenses. Both are available at your local DMV, or you can download them.
Be sure to fill out the correct section on Form DL-49. If your license has not been suspended, you'll complete the bottom portion of the form.
Note that you can only apply for one replacement license per any one 12-month period.
For more information about your South Carolina CDL, check out our Commercial Driver FAQs section.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.