Online Services in South Carolina
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- South Carolina Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other South Carolina Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Just because you must take care of a driving-related task doesn't mean you have to visit the DMV. Check out the list of online driver and vehicle services available to South Carolina residents. Perhaps you only have to go as far as your home computer.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby SC DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Pay South Carolina license reinstatement fees online.
- Verify payment plan eligibility for license reinstatement fees online.
- Obtain a duplicate drivers license or ID online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay your SC traffic ticket fines online.
- Update the SC DMV with your new address online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
South Carolina Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a South Carolina drivers license practice test.
- Take a South Carolina drivers permit practice test.
- Take a South Carolina commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a South Carolina motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a South Carolina Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a South Carolina defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other South Carolina Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby SC DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in South Carolina.
- Renew South Carolina vehicle registration online.
- Obtain duplicate SC vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title.
- Learn more on South Carolina smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain South Carolina license plates.
- Request to exchange your SC license plate design online.
- Request to replace a license plate online.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in South Carolina that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more about state insurance specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.