- Location: South Carolina
Motorcycle Registration in South Carolina
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Registering your motorcycle in South Carolina is the same as registering a passenger car, but the registration fees are only $10 plus the applicable taxes.
For new motorcycle purchases, you will need to provide the following documentation and fees:
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, or original title.
- Lien information. If you've taken a loan to buy the bike, the DMV will need to know the date of the loan and the name and address of the lienholder.
- Application Form 400.
- Odometer reading.
- Receipt for paid property tax. SC bills you for property tax on all vehicles, and you must pay this tax before you can register your bike.
- Casual Sales Tax is also collected on all vehicles. This tax is 5% of the purchase price (maximum of $300).
When you have gathered all the above information, you can take it to your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or mail it to:
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 1498
- Blythewood, South Carolina 29016
South Carolina requires your registration to be renewed every two years, in the month you first registered your bike. The fee for renewal is $10.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard