Motorcycle Registration in South Carolina
Registering your motorcycle in South Carolina is the same as registering a passenger car, but the registration fees are only $10 plus the applicable taxes.
For new motorcycle purchases, you will need to provide the following documentation and fees:
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, or original title.
- Lien information. If you've taken a loan to buy the bike, the DMV will need to know the date of the loan and the name and address of the lienholder.
- Application (Form 400)
- Odometer reading.
- Receipt for paid property tax. SC bills you for property tax on all vehicles, and you must pay this tax before you can register your bike.
- Casual Sales Tax is also collected on all vehicles. This tax is 5% of the purchase price (maximum of $300).
When you have gathered all the above information, you can take it to your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or mail it to:
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 1498
- Blythewood, SC 29016
South Carolina requires your registration to be renewed every 2 years, in the month you first registered your bike. The fee for renewal is $10.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!
heroes have registered as organ donors.