Manuals in South Carolina
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers several online manuals and other publications, which can be viewed using the free Adobe Reader.
The South Carolina Driver License Manual is available in English online and in English and Spanish at your local DMV, and is extremely handy to have around when you're studying for your first driver license.
The online version of the manual is conveniently divided into chapters that can be downloaded separately.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: General Information
- Chapter 3: Cars: The Road Test
- Chapter 4: Truck Information
- Chapter 5: Motorcycle Information
- Chapter 6: Moped Information
- Chapter 7: Signs, Signals and Markers
- Chapter 8: Finding Your Local DMV
South Carolina doesn't exactly offer a Motorcycle Manual, but they do dedicate an entire chapter of the Driver License Manual, Chapter 5: Motorcycle Information, to motorcycle operation.
Refer to our Motorcycle Manual section for a more thoroughly outlined description of the chapter.
The following manuals are available online for commercial drivers:
Other Topics in This Section
Commercial Driver License Manual
- IFTA: International Fuel Tax Agreement
- IRP: International Registration Plan