- Location: South Carolina
Paperwork When Selling a Car in South CarolinaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Here's what you need to provide the buyer:
- A bill of sale is mandatory only if the vehicle's title was issued prior to June 19, 1989 and/or if the title does not include an odometer reading.
- An assigned title, complete with the buyer's printed name and signature, your printed name and signature, the date of sale, odometer reading and the purchase price.
After the completion of the sale, remember to remove the license plates from the vehicle.
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) strongly encourages making photocopies of all documents.
You must surrender the sold vehicle's plates to your local DMV office.
A bill of sale is required if the vehicle's title was issued prior to June 19, 1989 and/or if the title does not include an odometer reading. If you cannot obtain the state's bill of sale, you can easily download a generic copy from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard