Bill of Sale in South Carolina
Regarding motor vehicles, a bill of sale is a form that shows the ownership transfer of a vehicle from one person to another.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires a Bill of Sale when you register and tag a car that was originally titled before June 19, 1989.
Information needed on the Bill of Sale include:
- Names, addresses and signatures of both the buyer and the seller
- Complete description of the car including the make, model, year, body type and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Purchase price of the vehicle, including trade-in value
- The names and addresses of any lien-holder
- Odometer reading at time of purchase
To assist you in finding a form, we provide links to generic forms from our sponsors.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section