Bill of Sale in South Carolina
Regarding motor vehicles, a bill of sale is a form that shows the ownership transfer of a vehicle from one person to another.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires a Bill of Sale when you register and tag a car that was originally titled before June 19, 1989.
You can see a South Carolina's sample Bill of Sale (Form 4031) online using the free Adobe Reader, but you must pick up an original document from your local DMV due to required security features on the form.
Information needed on the Bill of Sale include:
- Names, addresses and signatures of both the buyer and the seller
- Complete description of the car including the make, model, year, body type and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Purchase price of the vehicle, including trade-in value
- The names and addresses of any lien-holder
- Odometer reading at time of purchase
To assist you in finding a form, we provide links to generic forms from our sponsors.
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section